Thursday 8 March 2012

Photographing Julia

On 26th February 2012, The Western Bulldogs Aussie Rules football team held one of the most important events of the year for fan development - the annual 'Family Day'. Tom had a big hand in the organisation of the event and was busy directing things on the day itself (please note very official looking walkie talkie in photo below). As Tom's wife, I get the opportunity to be photographer at selected events, and this was one of them. There was a little twist however... the Australian Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, was in attendance!

It's not everyday we get to move in such circles, but this certainly ticks another box in our Austrailan experience checklist! Having a big camera in my hand and a staff pass around my neck got me close access to Julia, and I'm going to claim, for the purposes of this written record, to have met her. I'm not sure that me calling 'Julia', and her looking in my direction, quite qualifies as an introduction, but who is arguing?!

Here's a few photos from the day, originally prepared for my photography website, so please forgive the branding!












No comments:

Post a Comment